Monday, October 17, 2016

Halloween Sensory Play - Witches' Brew

I had a great Halloween play date planned, but had to cancel at the last minute because my household got sick. Now I have a bunch of activities to try out with O.

O LOVES playing in water and bubbles, so when I saw the idea for a Witches' Brew water sensory activity, I thought it was perfect.

I had some ideas of the types of things I wanted to put in the brew, but I also wanted to keep it cheap. I happened to find some great $1 toys - eye ball bounced balls, sticky skeletons, sticky bugs, plastic spiders, spikes balls, etc. I added a bit of dish soap to the water to create bubbles and used food coloring to make it green. O had a great time (about 30 minutes! YAY!) independently playing with the brew. I gave him and extra bowl, a slotted spoon, a ladle, a measuring cup and some tongs to pick things out, stir and transfer.

We set up with a couple of bowls on the living room floor on top of a towel. You could also use the same idea in the bath tub or sans water just for touching.

No comments:

Post a Comment