Thursday, November 1, 2018

Halloween: A LIGHT-UP ROBOT!

Well, its been almost a year since I posted - a new kid makes creative time hard to come by. But of course when O requested a robot costume for Halloween, I had to make it happen. After looking at lots of examples on Pinterest, I decided O would not want to wear a box all night, so I went for something made of cloth. I found this one particularly cute, so I adapted it for O.

As the son of an electrical engineer, it had to light up. It also had to have an oscilloscope and on/off buttons. I used Wunder Under to attach the felt pieces to each other and the costume base. I added cardboard inside the costume in a couple of places to give it some rigidity. And I attached El-wire to light it up.  We just happen to find a hat with a circuitry design and LED lights at our favorite box store (starts with a T).

O was sooo excited! He couldn't wait to show off his robot moves.

I couldn't leave little brother out, so he got a robot costume too.






No comments:

Post a Comment