Saturday, November 22, 2014

Creating Time For Myself

I finished the canvases and nursery projects just in time for the little one's arrival.


So now that he is here, where do I find time to create? At first I didn't. I was doing all I could just to eat, sleep and feed the baby. But then my wonderful friend (and "sister") Shannon sent me a birthday present. She gifted me a class at Craftsy. I had never heard of this site before, but it is pretty good. You can take online classes for a collection of different "crafts" from woodworking and gardening to drawing and painting. I chose a couple of classes in drawing / mixed media. Once I bought them, they still just sat in my account for a while, but slowly I have been able to start working through the lessons. Each class is about 7 lessons and each lesson is about 20 minutes, which works right now because I can watch in segments. Then there are "assignments" or projects designed for you to practice your new skills.

Another site where I have found great online classes for creatives is Creative Live. Creative Live has many classes ranging from photography and video skills to lifestyle and business improvement all designed for the creative minded. They have a calendar of classes that stream live for free, and you can buy classes from their collection to watch anytime at your leisure.

What about you? Do you know of other creative online classes? Where do you turn for classes online?

No comments:

Post a Comment