Monday, March 24, 2014

Day 15

What happens if...
By the time most of us are adults, we know if you mix all the colors together, you will get an "ugly" color. We have been taught "not" to do things. And even in my classroom, I was guilty of telling my kids they were not allowed to mix all the colors on their palettes together - this was usually because multiple kids were sharing palettes, I didn't want paint wasted, and I needed to keep things moving.

But then there were some days - especially in the lower grades - when mixing was okay. Experiment - like science - I would say. Sometimes the results are surprising. Sometimes that "ugly" color is more real than anything coming out of the paint bottle.

So what if I dripped gray all over? What if I tilted my paper? What if my colors bleed together? What if I don't like it when I am finished? What if I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment